The Society for the Study of Early Modern Women and Gender sponsors sessions at a number of professional meetings. Members are invited to send proposals for sessions directly to the Liaison Officer of the scholarly society listed below. Kindly make sure all information requested by the professional meeting in question is provided with your proposal. The selection of proposals will be finalized in consultation with the Vice President.
If you are a regular attendee of another conference where you think SSEMWG could or should be more visible, please contact Vice President Michelle Dowd.
- American Historical Association. Usually meets in early January, proposals by February of the previous year. Liaison: Melissa Reynolds, Princeton U
- Pacific Coast Branch of the AHA. Usually meets in August, proposals by January 15. Liaison: Susan Cogan, Utah State U
- American Philosophical Association. Biannual member meetings – April and November. Liaison: Jill Graper Hernandez, Central Washington U
- Association for Spanish and Portuguese Historical Studies (ASPHS). Normally meets in April, deadline by previous December. Liaison: Grace Coolidge, Grand Valley State U
- Canadian Society for Renaissance Studies. Normally meets May/June, proposal by January. Liaison: Victoria Burke, U of Ottawa
- College Art Association. Usually meets in February; proposals by August of the previous year. Liaison: Maria Maurer, U of Tulsa
- International Congress on Medieval Studies. Normally meets in May in Kalamazoo, MI, deadline by previous September. Liaison: Ashley Holt, LSU
- Modern Language Association. Normally meets in early January, proposals by previous March. Liaison: Shannon E. Kelley, Fairfield U
- Renaissance Society of America. Normally meets in March, proposals by previous June. Liaison: Laura Walsh, University of Arkansas
- Shakespeare Association of America (SAA). Liaison: Mary Trull, St. Olaf College
- Sixteenth Century Society and Conference. Normally meets in October/November, proposals by April. Liaison:
- South Central Renaissance Conference. Normally meets in April, proposals by previous December. Liaison: