Members may find my recent publication–The Emblematic Queen: Extra-Literary Representations of Early Modern Queenship–interesting, since the interdisciplinary analyses in the volume range across art, literature, hisitory, and cultural studies. Studies focus on the lives and literary afterlives of queen consorts and queen regnants. Queens included are as follows: Caterina Cornaro, Queen of Cyprus; Queen Elizabeth I of England; Mary, Queen of Scots; England’s Anne of Denmark; and Spain’s Maria Luisa de Orleans. The book is currently discounted on Amazon.com with an available date of 5/14.
- Letter from the President: EMWJ Moves to University of Chicago Press
- Book Announcement: Convent Networks in Early Modern Italy (ed. Marilyn Dunn and Saundra Weddle)
- Book Announcement – Forgotten Healers: Women and the Pursuit of Health in Late Renaissance Italy, by Sharon Strocchia
- FOLGER INSTITUTE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS FOR 2021-2022
- November 2020 – Early Modern Women’s Letter Writing and the Desire for In-person Contact