“Early Modern Women and Transnational Exchanges”
The Society for the Study of Early Modern Women (ssemwg.org) invites proposals for individual papers or full panels for MLA 2016 on early modern women’s transnational encounters, engagements, and activities, including textual, physical, and material transmissions and exchanges across borders within Europe or between the old world and the new. Contributions from a variety of disciplines and national languages are encouraged.
Proposals for full panels must include:
– an abstract describing the objective of the panel (150 words max.)
– names of organizer(s)/chair and speakers; institutional affiliations; and email addresses
– one page CV for organizers and speakers (300 words max.)
– titles and abstracts of papers (200 words each)
– specification of audio/visual needs
Proposals for individual papers on the topic are also welcome.
Please send proposals by March 15, 2015, to Patricia Phillippy, SSEMW liaison with the Modern Language Association, at email@example.com.