Deadline for Awards Nominations Extended!
The Society for the Study of Early Modern Women seeks nominations for awards for scholarly work published/completed in the previous year. Any work on women and gender in the early modern period (ca. 1450-1750) is eligible.
• Book Award
• Essay or Article Award
• Josephine Roberts Award for a Scholarly Edition
• Scholarly Edition in Translation Award
• Teaching Edition Award
• Graduate Student Conference Presentation Award
• Collaborative Project Award (Edited Collections of Essays, etc.)
• Digital Scholarship, New Media, & Art Award (Web-based projects, exhibitions, concerts, productions of plays, etc. Note: Since such projects often do not have a single date of publication, nominations are accepted for projects operating in 2014.)
We are especially eager to receive nominations for graduate student and digital work! Graduate Advisors, please nominate your students’ conference paper presentations.
To nominate a work from 2015 for an award to be presented in 2016, please send three (3) copies of books or a PDF of articles, essays, or papers by MARCH 28, 2016, to:
Amy M. Froide
Associate Professor of History
Affiliate Faculty in Gender and Women’s Studies &
Language, Literacy, and Culture Ph.D. program
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250