Call for SSEMW panels at SCSC 2017
For the next Sixteenth Century Society and Conference (SCSC) to be held October 26-29, 2017 in Milwaukee, the Society for the Study of Early Modern Women (SSEMW) is offering sponsorship for panels on topics focusing on women and gender in the early modern era (ca. 1450 – ca. 1660).
SSEMW-sponsored panels are pre-approved for SCSC.
Proposals must include the following:
- A 150-word abstract describing the topic of the proposed session.
- Names of organizer/s and chair, as well as the speakers (and respondent, if one is included).
- Institutional affiliations and emails.
- One-page (300-words) CV for each panel organizer and participant.
- Paper titles and 150-word abstracts for each paper.
- Specification of audio/visual needs.
In addition to standard panels, SSEMW panels can follow a workshop format, as defined by SCSC: Workshop Option A: Discussion of pre-circulated papers in a workshop format (limit of 4 participants). Workshop Option B: Analysis of thorny translation/paleography questions; pre-circulation not required (limit of 3 participants). Workshop Option C: Examination of a big issue or question with brief comments from presenters and lively audience participation (similar to roundtables with more audience participation; limit of 4 participants). If you propose a workshop panel, please make this clear in the session description. Each presenter should still include an abstract to describe his/her contribution to the workshop panel.
Please send panels for consideration to Lynn Westwater, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 8 April 2017.
For more information about this year’s conference, please see the SCSC web site: